Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Comic-Con 2009 - Booths




The Comic-Con Exhibition hall fills the entire convention center. There are thousands of cool things to look at and after 3 days of wandering I didn't see it all. My favorite thing to do at Comic-Con is to wander the Artists Alley and surrounding areas and talk to the different artists and get sketches. I also love to look at the new toys and the independent publishers and buy their comics if they intrigue me.

I would like to thank Christopher Moeller, Dave Dorman, Steve Bryant, Scott Hampton, Matt Wagner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Erik Larsen, Phil Hester, Adam Byrne, Andy Kuhn, Andrew Kudelka, Dan Panosian, and Bill Maus for the great conversation and sketches.







There was a line for spinning a wheel for New Moon swag, but as you can see, I didn't get in that line. I did get a plastic personalized photo Village ID card at the Prisoner Booth, though, with no waiting.









The Weta booth had awesome stuff including these cool rayguns priced at almost $700.





Jon Favreau was signing in the Marvel booth a number of times. I have met him several times and he is a genuinely nice guy.

Paolo Parente showed off some Dust stuff, but I don't think it was new this year. If this is a figure from the perpetually upcoming minis game then the figures are around 40mm. If that's the case, I will not be buying. After the lessons of FFG's Mutant Chronicles game, one would hope that the lesson was learned. Make 30mm figures so that people that don't intend to play your game will still buy them for other games because they are soooo cool.



Sideshow had an amazing array of stuff...








Sideshow had artists decorate customs versions of their Stormtrooper figures. Some of these are awesome.












No comments: